List of active policies
|IT Agreement for users of our learning platforms||Site policy||All users|
SummaryThis Agreement applies to every user of our online learning platforms at Kaplan International Pathways. It explains what you are responsible for both on and off the College premises. You must read and agree to it before continuing.
This Agreement applies to every user of our online learning
platforms at Kaplan International Pathways. It explains what you are
responsible for both on and off the College premises. You must read and agree to it before
In this Agreement when we use the word “device” we mean either your own laptop, tablet or mobile phone, or any other wireless and portable electronic piece of equipment, or a device provided to you by the College or host University. When we use the word “platform” we mean any electronic system used by Kaplan which you access via the internet. This includes our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
- You are fully responsible for your device(s). You should keep it with you at all times and are responsible for its proper care including the costs of repairs, modification or replacement. The college is not responsible for the security of your personal devices.
- You must ensure that your device is password protected and that its operating system is up to date with either Apple Security Updates, Windows Updates, or Android Security Updates.
- You must install an effective anti-virus software such as e.g. Panda or McAfee on your device, and regularly update it.
- We require all students to download and install Kaplan-approved assessment security software called Safe Exam Browser; it can be downloaded free of charge from https://safeexambrowser.org/download_en.html.You will need this software in order to take online assessments in some of the modules on your programme.
- If you have a problem with your device, we will give you a list of computer repair shops near to the College who you will be able to pay to help you. If you have a problem with your device which means you will not be able to study, complete coursework, exams, essays, or assessments you must let College Services know as soon as possible and they will organise for you to borrow one from the College. Any problems you have with your device will not be accepted as an excuse for missing a deadline, class or exam.
- If you do not have your own device when you arrive, or your device has a problem you may be able to borrow one from the College for a limited period of time. If you are given a temporary Kaplan device, you must return it promptly according to the terms under which the loan was made.
- You should charge your electronic device(s) before bringing it to college. It should be capable of running off its own battery while at college, as options to charge the device while in college may be limited.
- During scheduled class time you should only use your device to access classroom related activities. During class-time, you should not use devices for non-study related activities such as texting, instant-messaging, social media, or making personal calls; except in case of emergency.
- No gaming devices are allowed to be used during class time (to include: Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable, etc.).
- Whilst on Kaplan premises, using Wi-Fi provided by Kaplan or the University, or on any of our learning platforms, you must not access, download and/or distribute any online material from sites that fall into the following categories:
Gambling or gaming
Racism and hate
Extremist and or terrorist material
- There are both benefits and risks of using the internet and other technologies, you must use them safely, both in college and in your accommodation. Be careful when you give out personal details of any kind which may identify you or your location.
- You are responsible for any electronic message you send, and for contacts you make online. You should not publish material that others may find threatening, hurtful or offensive. You may not use the devices to record, transmit, print or post online any photos or videos of a person or persons in the College without their permission - this includes teachers, staff and other students. Remember that it is very easy to upload personal images or information about yourself or others, but it may be difficult to delete an inappropriate image or content once it has been published online.
- You must ensure that you have permission to share any third-party materials, including all images, photographs, text and videos, before uploading them or linking to them on our platforms. Where sharing is permitted, you should ensure that such materials or shared links are credited appropriately.
- You should report to College Services if: you are troubled by something you have been exposed to on the internet; or you have evidence of an incident of wrong-doing by another user, either on the College network or outside it, where the behaviour could threaten someone’s safety or welfare.
- You must not use your privately-owned devices to bypass college network filters or hack college sites.
- When any of your devices are connected to the Kaplan Wi-Fi network, you give permission to Kaplan network administrators to check how you use your device(s), including but not limited to monitoring the following:
Usage of applications that access internet resources such as Facebook and YouTube
Location of your device while it remains connected to Kaplan Wi-Fi
All device activity
- In cases where you will be able to use desktop computers provided by your host University, you must also follow the rules and regulations that the university sets out for their use.
- Violations of this Usage Agreement, any other College policies, administrative procedures or college rules involving your personally owned or Kaplan-owned or host University-owned device may result in disciplinary action.
Student policy regarding privacy in Zoom and Teams virtual meetings as well as 3rd party links.
As part of your studies online, you may use Zoom and Microsoft Teams for sharing content and virtual meetings. In order to log into Teams you will need to use your name and an email address of your choice. Both of these may be visible to the teaching staff and all other students in the online class as will any comments or questions you type in the chat function. Online classes on Zoom or Teams may be recorded and the recording may be shared with other students and staff for teaching, revision or further study. This data will be stored by Kaplan for the purposes of our teaching provision. Kaplan takes its data protection obligations very seriously and the misuse of any personal data such as email addresses will be investigated. If you would like to find out more about how we handle your data please see our privacy notice here.
Our website may contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of those third-party websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your personal information. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to such third-party websites.